DIY Breast Balm with Essential Oils
Why make a DIY breast balm? What is a breast balm, and how do you use it? Basically, my DIY breast balm is a softer version of a salve so you can easily massage it onto your breasts.
DIY Breast Balm
You can follow the salve tutorial here to get a basic idea of how to make this balm.
- 2 TBSP beeswax pellets
- 1 TBSP shea butter
- 2 tsp black seed oil (cancer prevention)
- 3/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 10 drops geranium essential oil (PMS/hormone support, supports lymphatic system)
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil (supports cellular health, fights pretty much everything, great for your skin, mood booster)
- 5 drops vetiver (so good for your skin and great for breast health)
- 5 drops patchouli (good for the skin, mood booster, and because it smells good with everything else)
Combine all except the essential oils in a large glass measuring cup. Place the measuring cup in a pot of water and heat until the everything is melted. Remove from heat and let sit for 1-3 minutes, then add the essential oils. This will fill a 6 oz jar, with some leftover, so maybe get an 8 oz jar, or put the extra in a 2 oz jar and give to a friend 🙂 I only had a 6 oz on hand soooo I had some extra.
Use as desired. You can massage before the shower, after the shower, or before bed…or I guess whenever the heck you feel like it.
This balm will not be as stiff as the salve–it will be very soft, but will stay solid at room temperature…unless your room is like 80 degrees, then possibly not. If you want a firmer balm, add more beeswax (1-3 tsp more).
Benefits of breast massage
A few reasons to massage your breasts regularly:
- Helps fight breast cancer/can help you detect it early
- can slightly enlarge breasts
- can prevent sagging
- stimulates anti-aging hormones
- reduces breast pain/swelling
- reduces PMS-related breast issues
- reduces cystic problems, calcification (source, source, source).
If you’re not sure how to massage your breasts you can check out this video here.
- The Essential Life. 2015. Total Wellness Publishing.