Essential Oils for Emotions: Emotional Aromatherapy Kit Review
If you’ve seen my post about essential oils for your mood, then you know that there are a ton of different essential oils for emotions. DoTerra created six essential oil blends with some of the best of these oils and put them into a kit called the Emotional Aromatherapy kit. I’ve been using the kit for about a month and a half now and wanted to share what I think!
Before we get into it, this is the oil brand I trust and where you can buy them. Then be sure to read the disclaimer if you haven’t already!
Essential oils for Emotions + affirmations
Aromatherapy has been around forever, but it just now becoming more mainstream and I love sharing how to use essential oils with everyone. The idea behind aromatherapy and this kit is that it is used “to balance, harmonize and promote the health of body, mind, and spirit” (source). Essential oils aren’t meant to take you off of your medication or heal you of all your ailments, but they are meant to promote wellness.
How to use these blends
You use these blends the same way you use DoTerra’s other oils; you can diffuse them or apply them topically, but these blends are not meant for internal use like some of DoTerra’s other oils and blends. When applying topically I will take a dime-sized drop of a carrier oil (I use sweet almond) and 1-3 drops of the blend or oil I’m using.
Console: Comforting blend
This is the first blend I opened when I got my kit and I love it! It’s the one I use the most and one I keep next to my bed. I put it on my feet that first night and slept so well. The second night I used Console on my feet again and apparently, the dog and coyotes were fighting outside and I didn’t even hear them!
- Apply this to your chest to release sadness, grief, fear, or when your heart is racing. You can repeat an affirmation like, “I am whole, I am strong, and I am safe. I invite love and light into my life in any situation. I choose to be happy and love fully.” when/after applying this blend.
- Apply this blend to your forehead to open awareness while meditating.
- Apply to your feet and toes for a general comforting feeling.
Non-emotional uses: Even though these blends were made specifically with emotional wellness in mind, they also have non-emotional applications. The oils in this blend are great for your skin, so you could add a drop to your moisturizer or night cream, or any redness you have from scrapes and such. If you’re feeling stuff apply to your nose and chest.
This blend has frankincense, ylang ylang, labdunum, amyris, sandalwood, rose, and osmanthus.
Peace: Reassuring blend
This is one I use with my three-year-old often because it has such calming oils in it. I have the roller bottle version in my purse at all times because it seems to help him get himself back together. The first night I put this in their diffuser at bedtime he slept through the night (something he struggles with!)
- Apply to your neck and hairline when feeling restless or lost to help you regain your focus. You can repeat this affirmation from Carly Marie, “I am grounded. My spirit is grounded deep in the earth. I am calm, strong, centered and peaceful. I am able to let go of fear and trust that I am eternally safe. I am worthy of all things BEAUTIFUL.”
- Apply over your heart when feeling insecure or when having anxious feelings. You can repeat the same affirmation above or create your own!
Non-emotional uses: The oils in this blend are again, great for skin; redness from scrapes, bites, stings. I used this blend when my son came into contact with stinging nettle and it helped soothe the stinging. This is also a good blend for seasonal issues (like when you’re feeling sneezy/stuffy/itchy and the Nature is trying to kill you–you can read more about herbs and oils for seasonal support here!)
This blend has vetiver, lavender, ylang ylang, frankincense, clary sage, marjoram, labdanum, and spearmint.
Motivate: encouraging blend
One day I was feeling down and like I wasn’t good enough–you know those days? They are the worst. So I put some Motivate on my chest and within a few minutes, I was ready to life again. This is one that I use on my diffuser cuff a lot and really helps me to refocus when I smell it throughout the day.
- Apply to your hairline when you’re feeling emotionally exhausted or when you need to focus. “I am full of energy and life.”
- Apply over your heart when you’re feeling sad, apathetic, overwhelmed, or confused. “I am worthy of love and have the clarity I need. I believe in myself and fearlessly pursue my goals.”
Non-emotional uses: dilute and apply to the achy acreas of your body or apply to your chest when you’re feeling stuffy. Note that this is an oil to use with caution during the summer months or with prolonged exposure to the sun. Read more in this post!
This blend has peppermint, clementine, coriander, basil, yuzu, melissa, rosemary, and vanilla.
I normally use the Balance blend in the morning, but I decided to try Cheer even though I’m not fond of the smell–it was a bright way to start the day and when I pair it with Motivate I like it 1000x better. It’s also great to pair with peppermint when you’re feeling a lack of energy!
- Apply over your heart when feeling sad, bored, stressed, or discouraged.
- Apply to heart and hairline when feeling disconnected or panicked. You could repeat a mantra like, “I choose to be happy. I choose to see the good in other people. I am centered and love easily. I easily find solutions and am guided by my intuition.” Fun fact; the first two sentences were lines my sister would have my other sister repeat when she was feeling mean and hateful 😉
- Apply to abdomen as well as your inner and outer heel for PMS
Non-emotional uses: apply to your belly when it hurts (bloating, gas, etc.), or apply to chest and under nose for seasonal issues (sneezing/itching). Note that this is an oil to use with caution during the summer months or with prolonged exposure to the sun. Read more in this post!
This blend has wild orange, clove, star anise, lemon myrtle, zdravetz, nutmeg, vanilla, ginger cinnamon bark.
This is one that I mix with Motivate as well. For some reason, this blend isn’t my favorite, but other people LOVE it. So I’ll be honest, I haven’t used it a ton, but I will update you when I do!
- Apply to hairline when you’re lacking energy
- Apply to your heart when you’re feeling disconnected (sexually disconnected as well), bored, sad, or bitter. You can repeat an affirmation like, “I am connected to my heart and my desires. I am deserving of love and goodness. I honor my body for everything it is, was, and will be.”
- Apply to your head, heart, and toes when feeling confused
Non-emotional uses: apply to scrapes and cuts that appear red. Diffuse or apply to chest when feeling stuffy.
This blend has fractionated coconut oil, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, clove, sandalwood, jasmine, vanilla, damiama.
This is one I use on my toddler as well, especially when he’s extra cranky/throwing tantrums. It obviously doesn’t keep him from having a tantrum, but it seems to help calm him down more quickly than when I don’t use it. I also just LOVE this blend, it’s very grounding ♥
- Apply to your head, heart, and feet when feeling anxious–helps you to feel grounded
- Apply to heart when feeling fearful or sad
- Apply to hairline, neck, and heart when you need to let go of feels, frustrations, people, etc. You can repeat an affirmation like this, “I love myself enough to release these feelings. I am precious and value my well-being. I have the strength to decide my future.”
- Diffuse during yoga or meditation to feel connected
Non-emotional uses: apply to weird, funky skin things that won’t go away (dry, scaly skin). Apply to scrapes and cuts with redness. Use to promote restful sleep.
This blend has spruce, bergamot, juniper berry, myrrh, arborvitae, nootka tree, thyme, cintronella.
How to order
There are a couple of ways to order this kit:
Emotional Aromatherapy kit: Retail: $133 | Wholesale: $100 | Includes 6 oil blends
Emotional Aromatherapy enrollment kit: $195 | Value of $259 | Includes the 6 oil blends, plus a diffuser and wholesale membership.
Bonus: these oil blends also come in a roller kit! Message me for info on ordering (DM me on Insta @folkandco!) or read below:
HOW TO OPEN A WHOLESALE ACCOUNT:
If you want great quality oils in your home, then you can sign up by clicking here and following the steps below:
- Click this link (https://www.doterra.com/US/en/site/lovewildtribe)
- Click “join and save”, then scroll down and click “join”
- Select “wholesale customer”
- Follow the prompts and order a starter kit (the most budget-friendly is the family essentials kit, but I started with the home essentials kit and highly recommend it if possible! Plus, you’re basically getting the frankincense for free)
WHY ENROLL WITH FOLK & CO. OVER SOMEONE ELSE?
You can really enroll with whoever you want. I just want you to have great oils. But if you join as a wholesale customer with me I’ll teach you how to use your oils and you’ll also get a few additional perks:
- A welcome package from me (includes a little surprise for you!)
- Access to our members-only group on Facebook with over 1,000 members for oil education and support–seriously, you can type in “cough” in the search bar and get a bunch of different options!
- Email/message support from me when you need it <3